A controlling interest in specialist e-mech distributor Live Electronics (www.liveelectronics.co.uk (http://www.liveelectronics.co.uk))
has been acquired by industry veteran Ian Brown, who will act as marketing director. The company is now planning to expand its product offering, including adding a wider range of connectors, while still maintaining the high service levels for which it is well known.
- In the seven years since it was founded, Live Electronics has built a reputation as an expert in e-mech components and associated products. It offers a broad range of products including switches, industrial controls, relays, sockets, sensors, connectors and power supplies, from vendors including Cherry, Idec, Dailywell, IMO, Star Micronics and Ultra MSI.
- “Live Electronics is a great example of how the personal touch is still invaluable in today’s internet world,” says Michael Groom, managing director at ZF Electronics UK (formerly Cherry Electrical Products). “Its success to date is testament to how closely it works with customers – and I’m looking forward to seeing how the company develops further with Ian on board.”
- Live Electronics managing director Claire Childs is continuing in her role. Formerly with C&K, Deltron and Abacus, Childs has more than 30 years’ experience working with electronic components.
- “We provide customers with the best in product choice and quality, at the right price, and with industry-leading service,” says Claire. “With Ian bringing his experience and skills to the company, we will be able further improve our offering to UK companies who need to source e-mech components.”
- Brown has worked in the components sector for 25 years, and has previously held positions with Omron Electronics, ITW and Phoenix Contact. In his time at Omron, he grew the relay automotive business from zero to a turnover of €10 million within five years.
About Live Electronics:
Live Electronics is a specialist supplier of e-mech components and associated products, working with leading manufacturing and trading partners including Cherry, Idec and IMO. It provides the highest levels of technical capability, together with service levels that are second to none. From product specification to special delivery, Live Electronics provides the service that its customers require. See www.liveelectronics.co.uk, or contact Live Electronics on firstname.lastname@example.org / 01536 524700.